Thursday, July 9, 2009

Remodel

We had a crazy three weeks in June doing reunions for both families. I didn't take any pictures of my family's activities so I am still getting pictures from those who did. So the reunion blog is coming.

This post is dedicated to our recent remodel project. We are taking two bedrooms with two big walk-in closets and another hall closet and we are making three bedrooms downstairs. This week we have started the demolition. The first night Spike and R2 watched Dad and said "What are you doing?" and true to his can't-give-a-straight-answer personality, Garth would say "Making a mess." They finally figured out what he was doing and then it was fun to help.

The next night R2 said, "If you are going to tear down walls, COUNT ME IN!!"

This is what we found when we took the sheet rock off one of the walls. Yes, that is duct tape holding electrical wires together. We're lucky we don't have a fire in our house!!




Spike got right in there and wanted to help. It was fun to see Garth and Spike working side-by-side with the same look on their face. Spike was a great help.

2 comments:

AZ Mikesells said...

I'm still in recovering mode - how do you have the energy to start another big project!!! I'm proud because I dusted and scrubbed the tile...

Allreds said...

looking good let us know if you need any help.